Semiconductive Glazed Insulators
100% tested / 100% verified by serial number
Semiconductive Glaze Insulators are specifically designed for applications in contaminated environments. Contaminated environments most frequently experienced include:
- Sea salt, salt fog and mist
- Industrial and agricultural pollution
- Powerplant coal and cooling tower mist
- City and expressway pollution
- Icing and snow bridging conditions
Semiconductive Glaze systems have been employed in the industry for over 50 years with nearly flawless field experience.
The original development of the Semiconductive Glaze system dates to the 1940’s. Utilizing dopants of Tin and Antimony, the glaze is transformed from insulating to semiconducting. Newell-PSN initiated a 5 year R&D project to develop and implement the glaze technology.
Newell-PSN has delivered multiple orders and sees a quick demand growth for this application.
- All designs tested to ANSI/IEEE C29.9 2017
- 100% of units are tested and verified to specific resistive leakage current levels
- Artificial pollution tests conducted per IEC 60507 withstood the highest level of salinity defined by the standard, 224kg/m3
- During comparative testing, Semi Conductive Glaze units dramatically out performed standard insulating glaze and silicon coated insulators.
All units are provided to meet or exceed ANSI, IEC and IEEE standards and with our comprehensive quality system, our product reliability is second to none!
All Station and Line Post units are of 100% solid core construction, unlike others who can only arrive at the required strengths using the old hollow core technology.
As you know, people make the difference in any company. At Newell, with our experienced and knowledgeable staff, we have demonstrated our ability to serve our US customers and provide best in class lead-times and delivery.
Located in Columbiana, Ohio, with multiple US warehouse locations and global strategic partners, we are best suited to serve our customers high voltage insulator needs.
Local Sales Help
Looking for local sales representatives or answers to your product questions?
Shop Our Products
We are a leading manufacturer of solid core porcelain insulators of exceptional quality.